Advanced BOP Control Equipment including modern MUX control systems
Duration: 3 days
We offer a range of well control equipment courses. These courses are designed to improve delegates knowledge of well control equipment and increase the competence of: Rig supervisors, drillers, assistant drillers, HSE and training officers, planned maintenance supervisors, rig mechanics and all personnel who are involved with the operation and maintenance of the well control equipment.
WELL CONTROL EQUIPMENT
A range of programs designed to improve delegates knowledge of well control equipment and enhance the competence of rig personnel involved with the operation and maintenance of BOPs and associated well control equipment. Course material can be adapted for persons working on drill ships and semi-submersibles.
About this course
On completion of this course the delegates will:
• Taking the “witchcraft” out of the BOP control systems used on the rig
• Understand the different approaches required for the BOP control fluids used with modern MUX control systems
• Understand the purpose and operation of the conventional BOP control systems used in shallow water operations
• Understand the purpose and operation of the modern MUX control systems in detail used on subsea BOPs operating in ultradeep-water operations
• Have an increased understanding about the safe operation and maintenance of all the subsea control systems used by the three major OEMs
o Introduction of well control systems: procedures and equipment
o Conventional BOP control systems using pod hoses
o Fluid control for the modern MUX control systems
o Main components of the modern MUX control systems
o GE Hydril Mux I and MUX II systems
o Cameron MUX mark III control systems
o NOV Shaffer MUX V control systems
o Ancillary MUX control systems
o Most common deficiencies found on subsea control systems
o Down-time prevention, providing explanation and instruction aimed to reduce the NPT on the rig
This is designed to provide in-depth knowledge and increase the competence of:
- Rig managers
- Rig supervisors
- Subsea supervisors
- Subsea engineers
- PM supervisors
- This course is particularly useful for experienced subsea supervisors, DSVs and drilling supervisors, which are transferred from a rig with a conventional BOP control system to a 6th or 7th generation deep-water DP floating rig using modern MUX control systems.
Candidates will receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing the course.