Introduction to well control equipment for floating rigs using subsea BOPs
Duration: 3 days
We offer a range of well control equipment courses. These courses are designed to improve delegates knowledge of well control equipment and increase the competence of: Rig supervisors, drillers, assistant drillers, HSE and training officers, planned maintenance supervisors, rig mechanics and all personnel who are involved with the operation and maintenance of the well control equipment.
WELL CONTROL EQUIPMENT
A range of programs designed to improve delegates knowledge of well control equipment and enhance the competence of rig personnel involved with the operation and maintenance of BOPs and associated well control equipment. Course material can be adapted for persons working on drill ships and semi-submersibles.
About this course
On completion of this course the delegates will:
• Understand the basic principles and operation of well control equipment on floating rigs using subsea BOPs.
• Have an increased understanding about the safe operation and maintenance of well control equipment found on drill ships and semi-submersibles
o Introduction to well control procedures and equipment
o Explanation of the commonly used subsea wellhead systems
o Drill Through Equipment: Annular type preventers, ram type preventers, hydraulic connectors, o marine risers and diverter systems
o Non-drill Through Equipment: Choke and kill manifold, BOP gate valves and the BOP HPU, including surface control systems
o Introduction of the commonly used BOP control systems: conventional control systems and modern MUX control systems
o Introduction of the modern automatic ram BOP locking systems of the three major OEMs of ram preventers
o DSC and CMC drill string compensating systems
o Safety: Testing BOPs and choke and kill manifold, hydraulic safety
o Most common deficiencies found on the subsea BOP related well control equipment
This course is designed to provide basic knowledge of the subsea well control equipment and will contribute to increase the competence of:
- Rig managers
- Rig supervisors
- Subsea supervisors
- Assistant subsea engineers
- Drillers, assistant drillers
- HSE and training officers
- PM supervisors
- This course is particularly useful for experienced drilling supervisors, who transfer from a land rig or a jack-up rig to floating rig using subsea BOPs in moderate water depths up 3,000 ft
Candidates will receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing the course.